Do you aware of some practices to write better & understandable code? Have you ever thought what will be the process of writing clean code? Let us try to find out the ways to write better & clean code in 2023.
But do you know, why should we write clean & better codes? Why it is so necessary to write in a better format? Let us try to assume one daily life scenario. This scenario will help to understand the necessity of writing clean code. Let us assume one scenario.
When you were a schoolboy, you used to face this type of scenario all the time. When everybody was a kindergarten student, we used to get scolded by our teachers. Because our handwriting was not that much of good & clear. It can be assumed nearly every average student needs to pass through this situation.
After every essay writing competition, the teacher guided us to make handwriting clear. But we can’t able to get their words. But after many years, when everybody needs to appear for the board or final exam, their handwriting matters a lot. So, the guidance of the teacher comes true after this long period.
Writing clear & better codes will help us in the same manner. As handwriting was important for us at that time, writing clear codes holds the same importance for us. If we are not aware of it, we are going to pay when you will work in the corporate world.
Here, you will get some important tips to write clean & better code in 2023. If you practice those things regularly, you will learn how to efficiently write codes. But before we start providing the ways, let us first briefly know the definition of coding. This will help to understand the topic more easily.
What Is A Code
A code is the main building block of Computer Science. Every student starts their career in the Computer Science field by implementing a code. Writing code is a process by which we can write some small pieces of work that helps us in daily life. In our daily life, we came across different logical problems. Those problems need to have some solutions. Their code helps to develop such a piece of work that can help in those situations.
Code is such a work that doesn’t need any prerequisite. The newcomers can start implementing a piece of code. In the educational process, the fresher first does the coding. Any individuals, who need to be good at the field of code, must clear the basics of the programming language & certain syntax. Coders must be good at memorizing. As different coding language has different syntax. They write some code that can solve certain small tasks with the help of a machine.
Why We Need To Write Clean Codes
Now, we know the definition of the code. But still, the idea is not clear about the necessity of writing clean code. You might think, there was a clear vision to make clean handwriting. But coding is not implemented in handwriting. Coding is implemented in the computer. Then why there is a need to implement a clear code? You might be thinking about this. Let us clear the doubt.
Codes are implemented in the computer. There is no way to write a handwritten code. But still, while implementing the code in the computer. The code might look dirty. Placing sentences or lines in any random location, or changing the place of the braces as per your need will bring this problem. These practices will destroy the beauty of the code. You need to think from the side of another person. If you are looking for Coding Homework Help then you can always hire the best developers from codingzap.
You have to write the code in a form that any second person can read the code. When you will be working in any corporate or IT Company, there your code is going to be a field. In that field, another development will develop the necessary elements. If your code is not readable, then that developer can’t able to perform its task. And eventually, you have to leave the organization. That will be very fatal.
What Are The Practices You Need To Follow
Now, hopefully, you have understood the necessity of writing clear code. And you are ready to follow the steps to change your code writing pattern. With this upcoming New Year, let you take a resolution that you will make a change in your coding writing skill. And eventually, you will write clear & better code. With this promise, let us make a list of the most important practices you need to follow.
- Use Meaningful Variable Name: While writing code, it is a common practice to provide a simple name to the variables. Like often programmers use i, j, k, a, etc. as the variable name. Instead of that use the variable name that helps to understand its function. If a variable takes the roll number of students. Then provide roll as the variable name. This will help to understand the code properly.
- Maintain Single Responsibility: Whenever you are declaring any variable or class or function, provide a single responsibility to it. If the variable handles the roll number, then let it be. You have to use a different variable for the marks category. It is advisable not to use the roll variable to store the marks data. This type of inequality will cause problems.
- Do Proper Comments: After writing a sentence provide a comment on it. If you are implementing any sentence logically, then only provide the comment. Providing extra comments to the code will cause a visual issue. If you are just assigning one variable, then there is no need to provide any comment there. You need to understand which sentence is important. There only you need to provide the comment.
- Maintaining Proper Indentation: Proper indentation should be followed. For storing your space sheet, you need not write dirty code. Always remember you are not using paper where you need to save space. It is the computer software where you are implementing the code. Use proper spaces & place the braces in their original position. Try to keep your workspace clean to look at.
- Definition Of Classes Or Functions: Definitions are the processes by which descriptions of any functions are provided at the beginning of the code. In this way, users can able to know about the functions that are going to use in the program. You need to always define the function that is used in the program. It will be helpful.
- Debug Code There: If you find any issue or error in your program, you need to solve that promptly. It is advised don’t neglect the debugging process. Sometimes programmer provides some tag at the line where the error has occurred. It is advised not to perform the same task. This will cause issues in your writing.
- More Practice: You need to keep consistency. If you practice implementing the code for only a week. Then after that, you take a gap of two weeks. Then again when you resume your journey, you will forget all the details & ways to write clean codes. You have to be focused on your way.
As we saw, it is very important to write clear & better code in 2023.
We have to practice more & more code to make a habit to write clear codes. It will help you in the future.
It is advised to clear the basics of certain programming languages. It will help to write the codes in an easy & better manner along with making it clear to look at.