Having a vehicle is a huge responsibility. It’s about taking proper care of it and knowing where to keep it away from numerous risks. With the growth of the number of new buildings across small and big cities in the UK, the number of free public spaces for your vehicle deducts quite fast.
However, there are cases when leaving your car outdoors with no security, and special safety measures are not an option at all. Using professional storage facility services might be the best option you’ve got.
Find out why below.
Where can you store your vehicle?
First, it is a must for you to know all the alternatives you have. Then, when there’s a choice, there’s a better way to determine your needs, respectively the best offer for you.
Commonly, British people can store their vehicles at these spots:
- A garage. It’s a great option as long as you have it at your disposal. Buying a new garage these days, though, is not very easy. Moreover, such a property isn’t very budget-friendly today, when prices of absolutely everything in our life go up.
- Private parking. Leaving your vehicle at the parking is totally ok if this is a short-term period. However, if you are a sports car lover and already have 3 in your collection, keeping two of them at the parking and using the third one is definitely not very affordable.
- A friend’s place. Some of you might be lucky enough to have a friend with a garage but no car. This is indeed an excellent option to count on. Whether you are going to return the favour or pay some annual price that’s half of the ordinary parking price, you will make savings and have 24/7 access to your beloved vehicle.
- Random outdoor free space. As long as it will not bring you acceptable bills every day, this might be ok if the car isn’t very ok. We mean that leaving your luxurious 4-wheel babe in a neighbourhood with a high crime rate isn’t very smart.
- Long-term or short-term storage facility. Depending on your plans and why you are looking for a place for your card, you can choose this private service made for numerous purposes and has plenty of benefits.
What is self-storage for vehicles?
Self-storage services for vehicles are very identical to the usual services for any other items – from your seasonal fashion set of clothing items to business equipment, your first kid’s accessories waiting to be used by your awaited-to-be-born second child, and you name it.
If you have a local storage company, you can ask for a vehicle offer. In most cases, it’s available alongside the options to safely store sports equipment, electronics, and you name it.
The difference is that when keeping your vehicle, you will rent an outdoor unit at a concrete price, while people tend to prefer indoor modules for personal belongings.
Yet, if you own a Vintage or too expensive car, there’s always an option for you to ask for a climate-controlled outdoor storage space.
What are the advantages of self-storage for your vehicle?
By all means, the storage unit is the better option for your vehicle rather than leaving it somewhere for free and with no protection. But the following service benefits will show you that it’s even more advantageous than using private parking spaces or buying a garage.
Let’s go back to that amazing chance to have a friend with a garage and no car. Yes, he won’t put any automobile in the garage.
Unfortunately, you will always have to reconcile with his plans to move the old furniture right next to your car. When you rent a storage facility, you are the one who can use it, and you are the one who determines the space you need.
Parking areas, as well as a new garage, are great options, but not very secure.
On the contrary, a rented storage unit comes with an almost 100% guarantee that your car is in a safe place. The security level is endorsed not only by the team’s employees but also through modern systems like video surveillance, individual locking systems, and you name it.
Peace of Mind
Many people will agree that having a car to them is like having another child.
Well, indeed, to some of you, the vehicle might be like a family member. But you don’t have to be that attached to your own car to insist on having it secured and always available to get you from point A to point B.
It’s literally impossible, or at least very hard, these days to live without any means of transportation.
So whether it’s a guarantee that you will get your family car intact after a vacation or a way to know that your new investment will be strictly protected while you find a proper buyer, being tranquil about it has no price, doesn’t it?
One of the most amazing things about this type of service is that you get the chance to “visit” your new “electric” babe or show your luxurious new car to potential buyers at any time you want.
The access for each unit in these companies is arranged through passwords, chips, and cards. So you don’t just get a shelter for your car, but a real home where you are almost an owner.
What vehicles can be put in a self-storage facility?
Don’t worry if you’ve got a whole truck that needs to be sheltered. As a matter of fact, storage companies can offer a solution to each individual customer. This means that your colossal family car can find a secure place to store as well as a sport two-seat compact car.
Absolutely all vehicles are welcome as long as they are not illegally brought here, of course.
How to choose the right self-storage facility for your vehicle?
If parking spaces, your buddy’s garage or an investment for your own garage doesn’t suit you, and you are confident that self-storage is the best option for your car, then let us help you find the best offer.
When you start looking for a good provider, make sure to consider these factors:
- How reputable is the company? Insist on finding an experienced storage provider with positive customer testimonials;
- What’s the price? Rather than the cheapest, find the service that combines affordable rates with high-quality attendance;
- Does it offer the extras you need? And for your car, you might need a climate-controlled storage unit, an insurance clause inside the contract and an option for a very short-term renting;
- Where is it located? Depending on the frequentation of your visits to your car’s new place, consider renting the closest possible storage unit.
It’s no wonder self-storage units are becoming more popular than ever in recent years. They are secure and convenient and offer all you need to store your possessions, including your vehicles.
So, if you are struggling to find available parking space, worried about safety, or you simply want your wheels to be protected from the elements, why not take advantage today?