The arrival of TikTok, Amazon Music, and Spotify hasn’t stolen the influence of YouTube in the market — it is still a stunning platform to showcase your creativity and professionalism as a musician. With pages like Trending on the platform, enthusiasts can increase their global reach, get views on YouTube, and attract the attention of potential fans, partners, and sponsors.
By getting your content on YouTube trends, interested parties boost their success chances and improve the user experience and engagement for the better. Let’s take a closer look at the functional strategies to see your music videos or shorts on Popular and Trending pages on the distinguished social media channel. Onwards!
Theory Behind Trending on YouTube
First and foremost, establish your content strategy — diligence and discipline are more efficient than random and occasional inspiration. Building your reputation as a credible artist in the eyes of YouTube’s community starts with understanding what metrics define your profile.
It isn’t just about the quality of your music. Pay attention to:
- Channel consistency — YouTube considers related content in its promotional algorithms, so posting individual videos that aren’t tailored to user experiences won’t have a powerful effect in the long run.
- Video length — try to experiment with different video formats. Although longer video posts have proven their efficiency, it would be a mistake to disregard the potential of shorts and the quick discoverability they offer to musicians.
- Watch time — take into account how videos with the best classic, dubstep, punk, rap, and other genres of music are styled on YouTube. It isn’t enough to edit a video with one static picture and a bunch of your songs. The session duration, the number of views, and other metrics behind the term “watch time” depend on how creative your approach is.
Expert Tips to Appear on YouTube Trends
The rule of thumb for musicians to succeed on YouTube is simple — your role here isn’t restricted to a songwriter or singer. Dive deeper into the details of becoming an influencer in this environment:
- Customize YouTube ads to cover a wide range of use cases — for mobile users, after or during the video, advanced with SEO tools, and so on.
- Don’t forget to verify your channel here.
- Retain your prospective fans with different musical projects — vlogs on how you create music, live performances, ready versions of songs, pre-release parts to entice the audience, and more.
- Consider the power of metadata — SEO really works here.
YouTube vs. Contemporary Music Streaming Platforms
Don’t underestimate YouTube just because there are other alternatives to promote your content and reach new horizons of exposure as an artist. Not only is it one of the first platforms to help musicians pursue their career goals online, but it is also an amazing system with several upcoming innovations to create and advertise songs.
Pay attention to its recent innovation — AI music tools and Dream Tracks, based on the Lyria model from Google’s DeepMind. By following the tips in this guide and checking how new technologies and rules work on YouTube, it won’t be a miracle to accelerate your progress and streamline the process of content creation and promotion.