Businesses are driven to success by two powerful engines: satisfied customers and motivated employees. Usually in a small company this is not difficult to achieve, because it is easy to run a small business. When everything is fine-tuned, the team works independently and does a great job. The manager has time freed up to use to create strategy and grow the business.
Most small businesses will be looking for help desk software that is affordable. Consider some of the most attractive help desk software options like Jira Service Management vs ServiceNow for any of your businesses.
But the truth is, when a business grows, there are challenges!
Without a convenient tool for working with customer requests, employees use everything they can get their hands on: tables, notebooks, post-its, various programs. And all of this is not connected in any way, so the information gets mixed up and employees get confused and miss details. Chaos ensues. Business becomes a headache. Motivation drops, work gets done poorly.
Service Desk Operation
The principle of the system is very simple:
- Customers write messages in the general chat. The information goes into a single interface. Letters are distributed to different managers. Template-based, automatic types of requests can be created to speed up the process.
- The problem is detailed, and its priority is marked. For example, the simplest situations can be handled by yourself. If there are difficulties, the appeal is redirected. For the user, this process remains unnoticed.
- Tags and statuses help to organize the work properly, to assign specific executors. Processing of each request takes a minimum of time.
- You can control not only the quality and speed of responses but also the workload of the support service as a whole.
Integration with other applications, including messengers for communication, is acceptable. If a company is about to grow actively, such solutions become especially relevant. After implementing Help Desk, a clear schedule and an even system for distributing tasks appear. It is currently the only optimal option for storing information on clients who have contacted the Help Desk.
Benefits of Implementing Service Desk Software
By automating Help Desk, customers receive the following benefits:
1. Improved customer service
This has a positive impact on sales.
2. Increased productivity
On average, the rate is 50% better. Most manual processes become error-free. The team gets the job done faster.
3. Detailed monitoring of how support is working
It becomes easier to understand when and why bottlenecks occur. Management will see points where productivity can be improved.
4. Eliminate costly processes, reducing support costs
Full automation makes it much easier to handle the messages that come into the company. It’s easier to get rid of unnecessary tasks and activities that only take up productive time.
With the advent of an automated system, specialists can learn the habits of the customer. It’s easier to learn about common questions and incoming types of requests from customers.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to help desk technology. The good news for today’s businesses is that there are many options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for the simplest solution you can get for free, or you want something more extensive, with on-site installation options. Don’t forget that you can often take advantage of free demos before investing in a long-term solution, so don’t be afraid to try out the software before committing.