Are you looking to produce high-quantity decals for your Roland printer but are unwilling to spend the money on a giant machine? Don’t have anywhere big enough to fit one?
Then the Roland BN-20a printer might be perfect for you. It is an all-in-one solution that prints, pre-trims, then applies your decals at any location without needing a computer!
This decal printer was designed using direct input from professional sign and graphics shops that wanted a faster, simpler alternative to Roland’s BN-20, and it delivers. The BN-20a prints and applies decals up to 20″ wide x 32” long with no PC required.
How Much Can You Make With A Custom Decal Printer?
According to reports, factors such as high reliability, uninterrupted printing, cost-effective production, and design versatility contribute positively to the growth of printed textiles globally.
You need a decal machine perfect for bulk production of vehicle graphics and striping. The application rate can vary according to the base material, but generally, you can expect to print between 12 and 17 decals per minute (12–17 DM/MIN) in black and white mode, or up to 7.5 meters / 24 feet per minute in color mode.
For example, the BN-20a comes with a 3,000 meters (10,000 foot) roll of white vinyl material installed, lasting up to 600 decals at the 12 DM/MIN rate.
To calculate your potential income from this machine, you would need to determine how many decals you would need for the job, then divide that number by 600.
If you are printing 12 decals at a time, the machine will generally pay for itself within one week. From 12 meters/minute to 32 meters per minute.
Decal Printer Features To Look For
Better yet, what kind of things should you know before you buy a decal printer like the Roland BN-20a?
What size decals can it print? There are some cheap decal printers out there for sure. Usually, they’re made to print one decal at a time for custom use. And so, they only print very small.
Imagine just using a home printer to print decals, and you’ll see what we mean. 8.5”x11” is an overall decal printer size. But a high-volume or commercial decal printer like the Roland BN-20a is very different! With the BN-20or BN-20a, you can print decals up to almost 20″ wide. There’s no absolute limit to how tall/long you can print because it prints on ROLLS of decal or sticker material.
How Many Decals Can It Print At Once?
The Roland printers don’t have that limitation because of the print ROLLS. 20 inch by 50-foot rolls.
So, if you had some 5”x8” labels to print, you could potentially print several hundred at a time.
Full-Color Decal Printing
In a commercial decal printer, You should look for how good the decals look.
The Versastudio line of BN20 printers uses high-resolution inkjets to make perfect prints in vivid colors.
What are some excellent ways to make money with a Decal Printer?
A decal printer is great for striping vehicles. Whether it be car lettering, custom car graphics, vehicle striping, or commercial fleet applications, there are many ways to make money with this machine. As far as the material you print on goes, the sky’s the limit.
You can print all types of vinyl, including cast, calendered, solvent, hot melt, and more on this machine.
Some typical applications include:
- Wine bottles
- Metal signs
- Custom car graphics
- Car lettering and striping
- Motorcycle tanks and fenders
- Road or building signage
- Commercial fleet vehicle striping
- Promotional vehicle signage
- Marine applications include boat lettering, custom boat graphics, decal kits, and trailer stripe packages.
Using the Roland BN-20a Sticker Printer
If you’re using the Roland BN-20a printer and need some tips on how to get started, read on:
- Set up your work table with a roll of vinyl and an application squeegee.
- Load your vinyl onto the BN-20a without the pin guard in place, then tighten down the set screw (it is recommended that you only use the supplied Roland pins and spindles).
- Slide the vinyl spindle to the far right side of the printer so it is out of the way.
- Slide your media up into position about an inch behind the edge of the front frame, then tighten down everything except for the top right corner, where you will be applying pressure later on.
- Using a piece of paper as a test, apply some pressure on your squeegee and ensure that you have clearance between the pin and PVC film.
- Once everything is set up correctly, turn on the BN-20a and select “No Cut” mode by rotating the right knob clockwise until it stops.
- Adjust the squeegee by turning the top knob counterclockwise until your vinyl starts moving.
- You can adjust the speed by rotating clockwise or counterclockwise, but it is recommended that you not exceed five on the right-side dial when printing in color mode.
- Start your print with a registration mark, then lower the squeegee and press lightly on the top right corner of your print to ensure that it is cut free from your media.
- If you’re not planning to use a pin guard, remember to remove the sticker from the pin after each print because it will obstruct ink flow if left in place.
More About Decals and Decal Printing Businesses
There is a tremendous growing demand for custom decals and custom sign printing. More companies invest in their machines or buy other printer businesses to produce their signage and graphics.
Many business owners don’t have the time, skills, equipment, or knowledge to produce their branding materials which can be time-consuming and expensive.
Others need help branding their business or updating materials and signage. In contrast, some businesses want to stay competitive with the many other shops offering printing services in their area.
Regardless of your skill level, you can benefit from purchasing an excellent decal printer such as this Roland BN-20a all-in-one printer.
The machine can be used to print a large number of decals for your business, which you can use to provide a much-needed service to other businesses. Decal printing is a reliable and growing field with lots of opportunities available.
Leave a Reply