Tools for Efficient Collaboration and Productivity
Remote work is becoming more popular globally. Experts claim this is because of the cost-effectiveness of such a way of working. You don’t need to rent an office for your employees, pay bills, etc. Moreover, Zippia claims that 40% of workers consider they could be more productive while working remotely.
Thus, teleworking improves corporate efficiency. Business owners, however, need to use specific technology, such as online conference apps Zoom or Google Meet, when organizing remote workflows. So, let’s discuss the most effective telecommuting apps.
Popular Collaboration Tools
First of all, project management (PM) applications should be noted. Such software is used for:
- assigning tasks to certain specialists;
- setting the order of project fulfillment;
- commenting assignment features, and many more.
Techopedia claims companies that employ PM apps, reach a 92% success rate in achieving project goals. That’s why experts highly recommend using Trello on Monday.com, Asana, and other popular project management applications.
Apps for Instant Messaging
Such software provides remote employees with real-time communication. As a result, your team is able to perform tasks and solve issues significantly faster. Among the most efficient tools for instant messaging are Slack and Microsoft Teams.
File Sharing and Cloud Storage Solutions
The specified applications allow for exchanging information at any time and from anywhere with a stable internet connection. Moreover, qualitative cloud storage and file-sharing solutions enable you to access data from both mobile and desktop devices. The most widespread apps of this type are:
- Microsoft Drive. It may be integrated with other MS products. This essentially simplifies data exchange.
- The solution stands out for its high safety rating. It makes regular backups, allows for working on materials offline, and much more.
- Google Drive. The platform has an intuitive and user-friendly interface and allows you to store files of any type and size.
Cloud solutions do not require maintenance. All processes are performed on the server side.
Other Useful Tools for Remote Teams
There are the following apps that should be noted:
- VPN services. They allow for accessing critical data securely. The most popular VPNs are ExpressVPN and NordVPN.
- Employee monitoring apps. Business owners highly praise Hubstaff for such solutions. The mentioned tools are designed primarily for managers who want to track the progress of their subordinates and stay on top of their work.
- Time management software. It helps employees track working hours and assess their performance. For example, Time Doctor stands out for its effectiveness.
Finally, applications for remote brainstorming like Miro have to be noted. McKinsey reports that your team is able to generate 16% more helpful ideas using such apps.
Remote work is great for those business owners who strive to save money and enhance corporate performance. The latter is because remote employees are able to work without a bunch of noisy colleagues around or a boss overhead. All that increases job satisfaction and reduces stress.
Entrepreneurs should use effective programs that provide employees with the ability to securely share files, access necessary data, and communicate online to organize remote workflows.