Knowing how to study is as important as knowing what to study
The Microsoft Server certification helps the seekers demonstrate their skills and knowledge to improve IT business. This credential helps the individuals better and cultivate capabilities in the areas, such as storage, virtualization, networking, information access, VDI, protection, and etc. The certificate holders are completely allowed to work on the administration and advance-level services that are connected with Microsoft Server.
The Microsoft Server certification equips the students with knowledge for participating in designing, implementing, configuring, and even managing deployments of Windows Server on various devices and desktops. It also helps obtain the required skills that help in reducing the costs of IT for maximizing the value of business.
The most well-known Microsoft Server certifications are MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and MCSA: Windows Server 2016. To obtain these credentials, one should pass the relevant exams. For example, the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certificate comes with three tests: 70-410, 70-411, 70-412. The second certification also includes three exams but they are 70-740, 70-741, 70-742. It goes without saying that these certification tests require thorough preparation. The PrepAway website is a platform that can provide you with a complete set of appropriate training tools. There are many other tips that will make your preparation process easier. Keep reading to know these life hacks.
Effective preparation tips
No doubt, the Microsoft Server certification exams are difficult to pass at the first attempt. Here are some effective ways to achieve this.
- Get all the exam information
The Microsoft Server certifications should not be taken for no particular reason. Most of the questions are sufficiently intense to bewilder even an accomplished individual working with Server. Make sure that you understand the questions properly. You should know the time you will be given and the quantity and type of questions to answer. Microsoft equips the candidates with the description of the exams, which makes learning much simpler. Using official resources, try to find all the necessary information about the test and study materials.
- Know the resources before purchasing
Have you chosen the resource for your exam preparation? Is it true that you will search for some MOC content, modules, online PDF records, and so on? Indeed, whatever resource you choose to get ready, ensure it is a decent one. You should opt for the materials that have earned positive reviews from many exam candidates. The selection of right and reliable preparation tools is a crucial aspect of your preparation. The Internet is full of outdated information, and you should be very attentive while looking for practice tests, video courses, and guides. Your preparation is your future success. Hence, don’t ignore it.
- Make notes
This is the best effective way of getting ready for the exam. While preparing for the tests, keep a pen and a notebook and make notes of each essential part. One of the most evident advantages of this method is that you will be able to revise quickly the most significant points just before your exam. You will not have to find this information among a host of materials you have read. Besides, the process of writing is considered to be a good method for remembering. You can also outline the notes in your own particular manner as this will help in remembering the substance as you comprehend it well.
- Work with different practical materials
Just learning is not the goal of students. For performing great in the exams, it is important to plan and practice. There are different online practice tests available on the Internet. They assist the candidates to get used to the real exam questions. It is very helpful when getting ready for the tests. Visit the PrepAway website where you may find a lot of web resources. PrepAway is one of the most popular online platforms that is highly recommended by students and even IT professionals.
- Time management
Last but not the least, time management is something the individual needs to look upon while preparing and taking the exams. You will be provided with various questions that should be answered in a particular time period. Thus, knowing the total number of questions and the total time provided, it is possible to calculate how much time you will have for each question. That’s why practice tests, for example, the ones from PrepAway, are so important for preparing for an exam in a real environment.
After obtaining the Microsoft Server certification, you will be able to perform the following activities:
- Installing, storing, and computing all the aspects of Windows Server 2016
- Networking with the help of Windows Server 2016
- Identifying Windows Server 2016
- Installation and configuration of Windows Server 2016
- Installation of Nano Server and its updating and implementing regarding the migration strategy
- Implementing the data deduplication
- Implementing of Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Explaining the various stages of options
- Understanding the process of how to manage the disks and volumes
- Explaining the enterprise storing solutions and implementing the appropriate solutions for given situations
- Execution of remote access
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Hyper-V
- Management of Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Understanding the disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016
- Planning, creating, and executing a failover cluster
- Configuration and implementation of Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Management of virtual machine installations
The Microsoft Server certifications are designed for:
- Computer support specialists
- Network administrators
- System administrators
- IT managers looking for a higher-level valued business scope
This globally recognized certification is the best for those who are looking for an advanced career related to Windows Server. The career path after obtaining the credential includes the following job roles:
- Network and Computer system administrators
- Information Security Analysts
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer System Analysts
- Business Analysts
The certification helps with a basic pay from $87,667 to $117,514 on annual basis.