Power dressing for women attained an archetypal aesthetic in the 1980s but that has undergone substantial changes coming to modern times. Our working lives have altered drastically and it is no longer required for ladies to wear severe shoulder pads or stilettos to make their voice heard in the boardroom. Today we are going to take a look at some ideas which women can incorporate in their corporate dressing:
- Irrespective of the business you are in, you can turn heads with a power suit. There was a time when the choice of wearing suits was limited to simple grey or black palettes. This has undergone a massive change for bringing everything ranging from powerful punchy colors to animal prints, checks, and even cord textures under its purview. While shopping suits, opt for lightweight fabric and a classic cut. Your suit jacket can be worn over a blouse, T-shirt, or high neck top alongside boots or heels. The fit of the suit is extremely important if you wish to top the sartorial game like a pro. You can visit your tailor and get the hems adjusted for matching the shoes you are planning on wearing. Pair it with classic accessories like pearls and a finely crafted workbag.
- Pencil skirt has been the workwear staple of ladies but now it has been replaced with floaty silky skirts. Popular designers are filling in the racks with spring-ready soft hues and skirts having accordion pleats. The best thing about wearing skirts is that they can be teamed with absolutely anything ranging from a crisp white shirt to fine knits and blazers. Your confidence is bound to amp up as the silky fabric brushes against your skin.
- Roll necks are a fashion staple that can be easily found in most of our wardrobes. But did you know that you can style them to take your corporate dressing a notch higher! It can help you pass the layering game like a pro during the chilly months while adding some jazz to your look. You can wear it underneath your regular cardigan, jumpsuit, or blazer.
- Slinky shirts ensure a perfect and snug fit under your regular suit without making the buttons pop. Though a bit of plunge is considered chic, you shouldn’t go too low with the cut especially if you are planning on wearing it underneath a jacket having lapels. White or ivory shirts look best on most skin tones.
- Wearing a shirt can be your easy way out to look smart. But the colder months call for shirt dresses having a longer hemline. You can choose among bright, printed, or neutral prints as per your preference. Having the dress belted can add a dash of professionalism to your entire look. A midi style shirt dress can be layered over sleek high-knee boots or a mini number can be worn with tailored trousers to nail corporate fashion like a woman of steel.
- Just like the dress you wear; your makeup can also have a big role to play in making or breaking your entire look. Lipstick shades like orange, fuchsia, and turquoise simply can’t fit into the power dressing category. You can place a safe bet with red lips and natural makeup which can heighten your personality charismatically.
- Ladies love bling but formal venues are not the right place to showcase your collection. You should keep it subtle yet powerful with a simple sculptural gold cuff, silver studs, or maybe a pearl necklace.
- A fine watch can enhance your style while showcasing your drive towards maintaining orderliness. They look extremely professional when being teamed with suits. You don’t necessarily need an expensive number as a vintage watch looks equally striking.
- An aesthetically pleasing bag that matches your suit is considered to be a plus in the department of power dressing. Getting a graphic logo style bag like the Louis Vuitton or Fendi numbers can help match a variety of your formal outfits. It is best to stay away from oversized bags which make you look like you are on a vacation or the ones which are too small to even hold your wallet, iPhone, and a compact neatly.
Retaining their femininity while showcasing their steely persona is the key for women to look professional in their work sphere. Carrying the right attitude with the right set of clothes can help ladies stand tall with supreme confidence.