People are busy looking at their mobile devices. After all, smartphones are simply too convenient, so it’s only natural to carry them at all times. The fact that people spend an awful lot of time in front of screens might not be 100% bad for business. In fact, due to the surge of smartphone production, successful businesses are experiencing an all-time high in their sales, which begs the question, ‘how are they doing it?’
Most businesses will answer phone marketing, but why phone marketing?
Why Should You Use Phone Marketing For Lead Generation?
Aside from phone marketing, there are many other forms of marketing, such as email marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing. So, why, out of all the marketing strategies, should you choose phone marketing?
Below are some reasons why experts recommend the use of mobile marketing to generate more leads:
- Quick Transactions: Most transactions done with smartphones are quick. Searching for digital products takes a few minutes, and the same goes for checking out. Hence, people prefer doing their online transactions through smartphones.
- Easy Tracking: When pursuing different kinds of marketing, tracking your performance is crucial as it offers insights on how you can improve your strategy. Compared to other devices, it’s a lot easier to track user’s activities on their smartphones.
- Search Engine Optimization: Another benefit of phone marketing that most businesses overlook is its contribution to search engine optimization (SEO). Particularly, when a website is mobile-friendly, your SEO ranking will be much higher.
- Cost-Effective: Mobile marketing is also much less expensive in comparison to other marketing strategies. For instance, SMS marketing is more affordable than email marketing by a large margin.
Phone Marketing Tips For Better Lead Generation
Take note that phone marketing isn’t as simple as many people think. Thus, you need to develop phone marketing strategies rather than just using whatever you first think of, and that’s why you’re here.
Below are a few tips to get you started with mobile marketing.
Consider Voicemail Marketing
One of the most popular ways of reaching out to the mobile market is through voicemails. Voicemails are emails that consist of audio instead of texts and images. That being said, here are several benefits of voicemails:
- Preference: First of all, most consumers actually prefer receiving voicemails rather than emails, and this alone is reason enough to consider voicemail marketing.
- Quick: Watching movies will progress you through the story much faster than you read books. Similarly, you can digest more information in a shorter time when you simply listen to voicemails than when you read emails.
- Personalized: Emails nowadays feel very generic–as if you’re just one of the few thousands of people receiving the same email. However, voicemails are more personalized, which is why prospects will appreciate your efforts more.
- Expressive: Prospects may not notice your attempts to be professional or friendly with your emails, but it’s quite apparent when it comes to voicemails since you can change your intonation, stress, etc.
Another reason why voicemails seem to have the most potential among mobile marketing strategies is that they’ve been in this industry for a long time. Thus, finding reliable voicemail tools such as Drop Cowboy Ringless Voicemail & Text would be a piece of cake.
Start MMS Marketing
SMS is quite popular, and most business people know about ityet not many know its alternative, which is MMS marketing, but that won’t be the case any longer.
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), as the name suggests, implies that you can include multimedia elements, such as images, videos, and even audio, into an MMS, while you can only write texts in SMS. As such, MMS messages can serve as an alternative for voicemails.
However, although at first glance, you’ll think that MMS is much better than SMS, which isn’t always the case. MMS marketing is indeed better than SMS in many ways, but it’s not as affordable. Considering the features, SMS will naturally be much cheaper than MMS marketing. Nevertheless, if your plan is to catch prospects’ attention, multimedia will be convenient, so it’s still worth considering MMS marketing.
If you still have doubts, you can always opt for a much safer route, that is, to use a strategy that many businesses are using now, which leads us to the next section.
Take Advantage Of Location-based Systems
For the past few years, more and more companies are implementing location-based systems into their businesses, such as Uber, Target, Curbside, and Foursquare. But what are location-based systems?
Location-based systems are systems that track and identify an individual’s physical and, sometimes, geographical location in real-time. Location-based applications are available on many devices, but mobile devices are the most common medium, which is why it’s considered a mobile marketing strategy.
Here are several reasons why you should take advantage of location-based applications:
- Notifications: The beauty of location-based applications is that you usually get push notifications when a prospect enters the premises of your business.
- Engagement: As you get to know more about the geographical information of your prospects, you become more familiar with how to engage with them, hence improving your connection with customers.
- Personalization: Upon knowing where your prospects live, it’s possible to send personalized messages as you can mention their address.
While it’s true that you’ll need to invest a considerable amount of money in location-based systems, its benefits are almost always more than worth it. Besides, there’s a way to implement location-based systems into your phone marketing strategy without spending most of your budget, and that’s through Bluetooth technology.
Utilize Bluetooth Technology
As you may already know, Bluetooth is a type of proximity technology, but it’s a much cheaper alternative than when you use Location-Based Services (LBS), such as Global Positioning System (GPS) and augmented reality (AR). So, how does it work with phone marketing?
Bluetooth marketing happens when a customer walks near your store with their Bluetooth-enabled mobile device. At that moment, they’ll receive notifications, and these notifications can be a greeting, an advertisement, or even coupons.
The main reason why you should utilize Bluetooth technology as soon as possible is that most devices manufactured within the past few years are Bluetooth-enabled. That means the potential audience you can reach is only going to increase day by day. Also, since most people look at their phones just about every minute, they should be able to see your notifications.
Naturally, you’ll need professional programmers to set up Bluetooth technology for your business. It’s costly, but it’s worth it. While you’re at it, you might want to look into mobile app development with these programmers.
Develop Your Own Mobile Application
It’s no secret that mobile apps can contribute to your marketing plan, but why is it that only a few of your competitors or, in some cases, none of them, have their own mobile apps?
For starters, just like LBS, developing mobile applications cost a lot of money, and it’s not like you can settle for a half-baked app. Those kinds of apps tend to be buried under millions of other apps, so you won’t be gaining the supposed benefits if you don’t give your all.
Secondly, it takes a lot of time. It may even take years to fully develop your app. Lastly, you’ll have to think of an innovative idea first before anything else. If you can’t, then there’s no point in hiring programmers.
On the bright side, if you manage to overcome these problems, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Convenience: First of all, with a mobile app, it’s much easier to connect with your business. Within a few seconds, they can finish transactions that would’ve taken hours to complete on your website, and that’s extremely attractive to people nowadays.
- Visibility: As mentioned, not many businesses have their own mobile apps, so if you’re one of the few people that have one, you can stand out from the crowd.
- Reputation: You can also establish a solid reputation among consumers. With just a mention of your business, they’ll think of your app, and if they hear about your app, they’ll be reminded of your business; so, it goes both ways.
It might be an extensive project, but the returns are tremendous. Still, developing your own mobile app isn’t exactly the only way to profit from apps. You can also use other people’s applications to your advantage.
Create In-game Advertisements
If you’ve played at least one mobile game before, you should be familiar with how advertisements work. Perhaps it may have gotten to your nerves as well. In-game advertising is when you pay the developer of the game to display your ads to their users. So, in a sense, it’s a form of pay-per-click (PPC) marketing.
That’s why although it’s true that you can gain a lot of benefits from your own mobile app, you don’t exactly need to develop one if your only goal is to show advertisements from your business.
Generally, there are two forms of in-game advertisements:
- Banner Ads: These ads are typically shown on the main page of the app. It’s always visible, and there’s no way to remove them except when users subscribe to the game.
- Video Ads: Videos ads are those that show up randomly when users are playing the game. Some video ads are skippable, while others are not.
The only problem with these advertisements is that they can sometimes annoy the gamers, but that’s just how marketing works. Take note that although it’s called in-game advertising, non-gaming apps may also accept advertisements from random businesses.
Make Your Business Compatible With Voice Search
Voice technology has many potentials as is clearly shown by Apple Siri, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa. But there’s one thing about voice technology that people tend to overlook–its effectiveness with SEO.
Consumers can look into your business by searching on search engines. They can do this by typing in the name of your business, and then they’ll get the search results. However, with today’s technology, voice search is becoming more and more prominent as a means to input keywords on search engines. Instead of typing in ‘digital marketing’ into the search bar, people can simply say ‘digital marketing,’ and their device will finish the job.
The good news is that most websites aren’t voice-search compatible. What does this mean? Being voice-search compatible means that your website can pop up when a person searches using voice technology when others won’t.
After all, just because an article on ‘SEO Beginner’s Guide’ ranks first doesn’t mean that article will show up when someone asks Siri to search for that exact keywords. Hence, you’ll have a higher chance of showing up on the first page of the search engine page results (SERPs).
Integrate QR Codes Into Business Transactions
You probably already have a basic idea of what QR codes are because of your past encounters with them, especially if you’re the type to prefer online transactions rather than offline.
By definition, QR codes are images that consist of black and white spots, with each corner containing squares. The primary purpose of QR codes is to store URLs and information. By scanning these codes using your smartphone, you can immediately proceed to the corresponding page.
The main reason why this was the last tip is that QR codes can be of great help for the previous tips. For instance, you can include QR codes on your MMS messages, LBS push notifications, in-game advertisements, and mobile apps. Thus, having one will make things easier for your prospects–they can go to where they’re supposed to go, locate your mobile app in a few seconds, or even obtain coupons by scanning the code.
Generating leads is much harder than you think. Forget about persuading customers; you might not even be able to catch the attention of your prospects.
The good news is that the situation is only shifting in your favor, considering how the world’s technological advancements progress faster than before.
However, you can’t rely on technology forever. You also have to master your marketing skills if you don’t want to get left behind.