If you happen to be a business owner, you know very well that shipping is an essential part of the success of your company. With that being said, did you know that there are ways to make shipping more efficient and cost-effective? This blog post will share 4 ways that you can make shipping more efficient for your business and by implementing these 4 tips, you can make your shipping process easier and help to save your money. So keep reading to learn more.
Compare shipping rates and services to find the best deal
As a business, you should never make the mistake of using the first shipping service that pops up on an internet search. You should instead create a list of relevant shipping services to determine which one best suits your needs and requirements. It is recommended that you create a spreadsheet of all relevant shipping services that cater to your business to see which service is more efficient and suitable for your needs. When looking at a potential delivery service, here are the things you need to consider before making your decision:
- The type of delivery service: Things like the size and number of packages must be considered here as well as how far they need to be sent. The longer the distance, the more expensive it will be.
- Security: You should request information regarding the company’s security policy to determine how secure your packages will be. You also need to know if packages are left unattended at any point during the delivery process because if so, your customers risk losing their parcel.
- Delivery speed: Fast delivery is very important so you should consider the delivery options offered by the shipping service.
- Professional appearance: professional appearance must not be overlooked because the vans and drivers reflect on your business.
- Ability to deliver special deliveries: Depending on the nature of your company, you need to know if the delivery service is qualified to deliver oversized packages.
- Cost: Never trust the cost posted online and always inquire about any hidden costs.
- Ease of business: You must investigate how easy it is to order online. Prioritize a service that makes your life as easy as possible.
- Overall experience: You should prioritize a service that is easy to work with and friendly. If you want a shipping service that is reliable and has a good reputation, consider MyUS. With different membership options, they are efficient, affordable, and quick.
Invest in packing materials that will protect your products during transit
When customers purchase something online to be delivered, they expect their purchase to function and look exactly as intended. This is why product packaging that is secure and dependable is the best way to ensure customer satisfaction. Many companies package products with locks and seals to prevent the risk of tampering and this ensures the safety of the product. When delivering a product it is important to protect the product so invest in packing materials or else you will be left with many unhappy customers demanding refunds.
Create detailed shipping labels with accurate information
It’s helpful to create detailed shipping labels for all your packages that include accurate information about the package and the customer. Typically, the label will display the weight of the package and whether the contents are fragile or not so that the person delivering the package knows to handle it
with extra care. The label will also contain some personal details of the customer such as name, surname, contact details, and the address for delivery. Some delivery services also have access to the customer’s identification number which the customer will need to show proof of on delivery. This is a good measure to prevent the package from being delivered to the incorrect location or the incorrect person.
Train your employees on the proper way to pack and ship products
Lastly, employees need to be trained on how to properly pack and ship products. Packages need to be packed carefully so that they will not tumble during transit and break. For delivery services that package the products themselves, products must be wrapped separately and boxed with cushioning and filling to prevent breakage. Boxes must also be sealed correctly.