When using Google Chrome, you may encounter network-related errors frequently. If you have been experiencing network-related issues with Google Chrome, you can configure your firewall to allow Chrome access to the network. When you enable Chrome’s network access in your firewall, it will protect your PC from cybercriminals. When connected to the internet, your computer becomes more susceptible to cybercrime, and you may become a victim. This is the article you’ve been looking for if you wish to configure your Firewall to permit Chrome network access. This article describes how to configure your firewall to allow Chrome access to the network.
Allowing Chrome Through Windows Defender Firewall
The very first thing to do is to allow Chrome through Windows Defender Firewall. To do so follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- In the Start Menu, search for Control Panel and hit Enter to open it.
- Click on the System and Security option in the Control Panel and then click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left sidebar, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Ensure both Private and Public checkboxes are checked for Google Chrome. If not, then click on Change Settings and then check both the checkbox for Google Chrome.
This will allow Chrome through Windows Defender Firewall. This should allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall.
Adding Chrome As Exclusion To Windows Defender
Another thing that you should do is add Chrome as an exclusion to Windows Defender. At itechhacks you can check all the latest tech tutorials and top-listed articles. However, To add Chrome as an exclusion to Windows Defender, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. In the Start Menu, search for Windows Defender (Windows Security if it is Windows 11) and press Enter to open it.
- Click on the Virus and threat protection on the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on the Manage Settings option under the Virus and Threat Protection Settings.
- On the next window, click on Add or remove exclusions under the Exclusions section.
- Next, click on Add an exclusion and then select Folder.
- Now head to the following path – C:\Program Files (x86) and select Google folder and then click on Select Folder.
If you want to allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall then this article will help you with that. You can follow the steps in this article to allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall.