BOSS Magazine (a Digital Ink brand) is the perfect fit for content and marketing needs: trending industry news, extensive features on best-practice companies, and the information you need to lead. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
Our unique team wanted to move away from traditional B2B content and marketing strategies and add a little extra cool to the industry. With over 25 years of experience with B2B journalism, business news websites, marketing, SEO, design, advertising, and event coordination from the leadership team alone, we aim to bring our products and services to inform and assist even the largest corporations.
No matter your position at your company, you’ll find value in our portfolio of offerings. And the best part? We’re just getting started.
Want to know about the rest of that iceberg? Or hear what we’re going to be up to next?
Meet Our Executive Team
Work With Us
Do you want to spend your day pitching boring services to a boring audience, in a boring office building?
Or do you want to spend your workdays talking to C-Suite execs, about an exciting brand surrounded by an innovative and creative culture? If you prefer the latter, then please apply!
TheBOSSMagazine.com is part of a premier media company (Digital Ink) in Carlsbad, CA. If you consider yourself a top level relationship builder, interested in B2B on-line executive magazines, then we want you on our team.
You will have the opportunity to negotiate directly with senior level executives and be part of our fast-paced growing company in a fun, energetic and competitively commissioned company.
Only those with prior experience selling on-line products and services need apply.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You hold an accreditation of a “Certified Inside Sales Professional” from the AA-ISP.
You are a career salesperson.
Motivated by $$ — you must be commission hungry!
You have a fun and hardworking attitude.
Ability to hold down articulate and controlled Senior Level conversations.
Experienced in successful networking campaigns using the following tools:
high call volume, SalesForce, LinkedIn, Twitter, email.
Proven ability in exceeding sales targets.
The ability to adapt to new systems and processes.
This is a base + commission position. We are looking for driven confident sales people. With an aggressive percentage, the average candidate can expect to earn $50k – $60k the first year, highly successful results can earn in excess of $100k!! The sky is the limit to your earning potential so if you are ready to join an innovative, vibrant and technology driven media company with the ability to earn an open ended amount, then dust off that resume and get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
Access to in office Hot-Shot Basketball, Shuffle Board, Arcade Machine, Massage Chair and other fun!
Walking distance to the Carlsbad Outlets, numerous restaurants and bars.
A quick bike ride to the Carlsbad Poinsettia Coaster Station.
Great training program
TheBOSSMagazine.com offers a comprehensive benefit package and a killer office environment.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to:
• We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace • Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. •Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Thank you for your interest in becoming a BOSS Magazine Contributor. If your content is in line with our requirements and quality standards, we post your piece on our site, feature it on our home page. We also share your piece on our social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Just like you, we want your piece to be seen by the maximum amount of people and generate the maximum amount of traffic to your site. To reach this goal, we have put together criteria that gives your piece the best opportunity for optimal Google rankings and social exposure.
You’re keen to get your article ranked and read. We are too! Our guidelines below will ensure your content is optimized for search engines and reader engagement.
● Written in the second or third person
● Unique: The piece must be original and posted nowhere else
● Intent: The piece must satisfy a searcher's request
- Must have a keyword and the keyword density must be roughly 1 percent. This means, in a 1,000-word piece, the keyword must be used 8 to 10 times throughout the piece. A keyword and semantic keywords will be provided before writing begins.
● The keyword must be used in the following:
- SEO Title: should be 4 to 6 words long
- First paragraph
- At least one subheading
- Meta description
● Must have a comprehensive view of the topic and use semantic keywords
Example: if the keyword is “shoes” then you will also want to mention related topics such as: shoe laces, shoe companies, shoe types, shoe designs
● Must have a standfirst, a one-sentence summary or introduction of the piece
● Must have two or three credible external links. These links must help explain your piece in greater detail or be a great example of the linked word
Example: Human Computer Interaction may not be a common term for readers and a link that describes its meaning will keep the audience engaged with your story
● Use your link once in the piece naturally. If it doesn’t fit naturally in the piece, add in in the author’s bio.
● Content should be scannable
- Use subheads
- Use numbered lists
- Use bullet points
2. Social Media
● Submit social media accounts of companies that have been mentioned in the piece
● Create social media post copy; about 140 characters
3. Author Info
● Bio: 100 to 200 words
● Headshot: 150 X 150 Pixels
4. Distribution Requirements
● Link to your featured piece from credible website
● Share on social
● Notify influencers
Things to Consider
1. Distribution Strategy
● Who in your network will link to the piece?
● Who in your network will share the piece on social media?
● What influencers will share your piece?
2. Include embedded elements where applicable
- Facebook posts
- YouTube videos
> Click the 'Share' button below the video
> Click the 'Embed' button
> make sure the following boxes are NOT checked:
○ Show suggested videos when video is finished
○ Show player controls
○ Show video titles and player actions
○ Enable privacy-enhanced mode
> Copy the iframe code and paste it into the “Embedded Elements” section of this doc
3. Images (optional)
● Dimensions maximum: 960px by 960px; 3:2 ratio preferred
● Ppi 72
● Image title must start with “boss-magazine-” and contain the keyword
● Format: .JPEG or .PNG
● Acceptable images are as follows
- Images must be free to use or share, and original when possible
- Images should look natural and not staged
- Avoid images where model is looking into the camera
- Image must help describe content section
● Include 2-3 BOSS Magazine links (preferred but optional)
- Similar to the external links, use relevant pieces from the BOSS website to help bolster your story (use BOSS native search to locate similar topics)
If you have any further questions please email: [email protected]
We look forward to working with you!