Money seems to be the center of almost everything we do and finding some easy ways to make it can save us a lot of stress. Without money, you can’t pay for rent, groceries, or even a nice coffee. There are a lot of ways you can earn extra money easily alongside having a full-time job. This could help you pay for a holiday or something you’ve been saving up for.
Here are four easy ways to make money:
1. Sell Items You No Longer Use
It’s likely to have a place in your house, where you’ve put belongings you no longer use or things you never ended up using. If they’re in good condition, then you’ll be able to sell them for some quick and easy money. There are a lot of places where you can sell things, from the person at the markets to some online stores. Some things you might be able to sell are:
- Old Clothes: If your old clothes are still in good condition, then you can make money from them by selling them at a good price. If there’s a small hole or any other damage to the piece, you could highlight it when you sell it, then you can charge a little less.
- Vintage Jewelry: You may have pieces of jewelry that have precious metals & gems that you can always sort from those that you still use to those you don’t use anymore. If they still look good and fine, then sold at a high price.
- Books: You may either read or never plan to read some of the books that were just sitting in the bookshelf. You can sell them to other people who love to read or collect books. These are likely to bring a lot of joy to someone else as they read them while you earn from them.
- Furniture: If there were furniture that you replaced or doesn’t need anymore but still in good condition or still usable, you can sell them instead of storing them somewhere in your house. You could even offer it to anyone you know who’s moving out.
You don’t only earn some extra money with your old belongings that can still be of use, but you also extend their lives, by selling them to other people who can make use of them. This also means they’re less likely to end up in the landfill.
2. Charge for Babysitting
You may have friends or family members who want to get out more but can’t because they have young children to look after. If you’re good with children, you could offer to babysit their kids for a small hourly fee so they can have their free time or enjoy their night out. If you offer this service to the people that you know, you could babysit multiple times a week. This may suit you really well if you work during the day and are looking to earn some extra cash after your work hours.
If you don’t know many people with children, then you can post an ad on social media or local websites to let people know that you offer a babysitting service. You have to decide what ages you’d like best to look after and how much you will charge for the service that you offer. This may change based on the ages of the kids and where they live.
3. Sell Your Old Study Notes
Instead of having your old study notes sitting in storage and gathering dust, you can also sell them to people who can use them. There are some students who are currently completing subjects or a degree, are likely willing to pay good money for the old study notes. You can sell them the study notes of the subjects that you excelled in and help them better understand the content of the subject for them to know what they need to do in order to achieve a high mark.
Notes that contain good quality content and format in a way where anyone will be able to understand and have good references to other sources, will earn you more money. If you have notes that are stored digitally, you could sell them over and over again. To do this, you could start by posting on university pages or websites for specific degrees, or by finding a website that sells study notes.
4. Start a Small Dog Walking Business
If you love animals, then offering to walk your neighbors’ dogs may be an easy and enjoyable way for you to earn money. Walking dogs can take a long time and some owners may not be able to fit it into their busy schedules, so they might be willing to pay for some help. You might be able to walk multiple dogs at once to save you time and earn you more money quickly.
If you don’t know where to start, or how much to charge, you can contact another dog walking business to find out how much they charge for the service or ask one of your neighbors with dogs how much they would pay. Then you might take a couple of dollars off because you’re new and want to attract business.
There are a lot of ways to earn money easily. There are often things you can do while working full-time to earn extra money. Offering services like babysitting and dog walking for your neighbors, friends, and family can earn you a steady paycheck every week. Even selling old items, such as old clothes, jewelry, or even study notes can add up and give you money with minimal effort. Look at the things that you can do and enjoy and think of a way to use them to earn money like doing services. You can even look around your house or even your room and look for the things that already serve their purpose in your life and sell them people that can make use of them.