Simplify your home selling experience by avoiding common missteps
Selling a property can be stressful, especially if it’s your first time. Whether you’re relocating because of a new-found job or promotion, or when you’ve been granted an inheritance by your ancestors, you can avoid a stressful home sale by knowing your options. Check some helpful home selling tips below to keep you guided.
1. Deal With A Legitimate Home Buying Company
The easiest and fastest way to sell a house and receive payment is by dealing with a trusted home buying company. Real estate investment companies make a profit by buying properties in any condition as fast as they can so they can sell them at a higher price to their list of property buyers or investors. They aim to gain a modest profit and sell the properties at reasonable prices so they can keep their investors and buyers coming back to see their offerings.
You can choose to sell your house stress- and hassle-free to legitimate home buying companies or real estate investment firms such as Time Worthy Property Solutions. The benefits of dealing with a home buying company include the following:
- Fair Price: While the expected sale price of your home is higher than what the home buying company quoted, you can expect a fair price at the end of the day. The price quote outweighs these costly expenses plus the peace of mind you’ll get from a hassle-free transaction.
- Save Your Precious Time: You’re probably a full-time parent, a young professional, an entrepreneur, or a manager. In any case, you don’t want to spend a lot of time finding the right buyer for your home. So, the best option is to sell it to someone who can pay fast cash. Get your money fast and focus on the things you need to attend to by dealing with a home buyer.
- Save Money: By dealing with a cash buyer, you can save money from listing, inspection, and closing fees. You don’t have to pay out of your pocket because the home buying company will take care of everything. You won’t think about the cost of repairs, home inspection, and lost hours if you decide to hire a professional to do it.
2. Don’t Overprice Your Home
Many homeowners tend to overprice their homes for sale. It’s truly understandable why many people do it because they tend to have an emotional attachment to their homes, especially if they constructed it themselves.
You’ve invested your hard-earned money with the additions and beautification, so you truly deserve a good price for your home. You might also feel like selling your home at a lower price is not worth it. It’s normal to feel this way.
However, if you don’t price your house based on the current market value of similar house types within your vicinity, finding the right buyer can become more challenging. A comparative market analysis or CMA is highly recommended, so your house price is close to the market value.
You can price your house correctly by following these helpful tips:
- Check Similar Listings: Check every similar house that has been listed within the same location for the last six months. ln general, however, appraisers don’t use comparable sales (comps) which are over three months. For this reason, you might consider narrowing the timeframe.
- Consider The Location: Never compare house inventories from the ones near the main street because the prices can be influenced by physical barriers (e.g., railroads, freeways, and major streets) and neighborhood dividing lines.
- Compare Apples To Apples: Compare houses with similar square footage and ages. Is the house built in the 1960s and the other in the 1990s? Expect different values between the two.
- Analyze Old Comps: One way to determine the value of your home for sale is to compare the original price list to the final sales prices of at least three properties sold at market value. Local assessors’ offices usually provide lists of sales. Check newspapers for published quarterly sales reports in the real estate or business section.
- Make The Necessary Adjustments: Adjust the final sale price of your home depending on the configuration, lot size variances, upgrades, or amenities.
3. Use Technology To Your Advantage
Technology is changing the real estate landscape. Gone are the days when real estate agents and sellers need to communicate face-to-face with potential buyers. With digital technology, real the estate industry can implement innovative ways to reach more investors, buyers, and sellers.
You can use technology to sell your home fast through the following:
- Promote Your Listing In Social Media: Share your listing with your family and friends on Facebook, Instagram, and your other social media pages. You’ll be surprised to find out that a relative or friend is willing to buy your property.
- Virtual Or Augmented Reality: Online house tour is made possible with Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies. Showcase your home’s specifications to your prospective buyers even when they’re miles away from you. Real estate agents don’t need to be present as well. A virtual house tour allows a 360-degree view of your property, giving the potential buyer a nice preview before onsite viewing to set proper expectations. This option is highly beneficial during the pandemic and the ‘new normal’ scenario.
- List Your Property Online: In the past, you’ll find many houses for sale in the newspapers’ classified ads. While you can still take this route, it’s advisable to list properties online. Marketplaces and property finder websites are the best places to sell homes. A minimal listing fee applies.
Sell your home stress-free by considering dealing with a legitimate home buying company. Make sure to price your home accurately and reasonably by conducting a comparative market analysis. Also, promote your listing across different platforms, taking advantage of technology to reach more potential buyers.
You can do these various methods to promote your listing and expand your reach to find the right buyer for your home. This way, you won’t have to feel stressed out entertaining every interested buyer personally and welcoming them into your home for a house tour.